STD Tuning Engine Difference between injection timing devices?

Difference between injection timing devices?

Difference between injection timing devices?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

addi.bigg
OM605; 7,5mm elements

09-24-2017, 09:46 AM #1
Fellas,

Could anyone tell me what is, if there any, difference between the two following injection timing devices?

A 605 070 07 45
A 605 070 10 45

Is there any differences of the flyweights?
addi.bigg
09-24-2017, 09:46 AM #1

Fellas,

Could anyone tell me what is, if there any, difference between the two following injection timing devices?

A 605 070 07 45
A 605 070 10 45

Is there any differences of the flyweights?

barrote
Superturbo

09-25-2017, 01:44 AM #2
Most probably is the vacum pump attacment...
As far as my knowledge goes everithing is the same except the springs and total advance. I mean between advance sprockets , not those particular part numbers
This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 01:46 AM by barrote.

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
09-25-2017, 01:44 AM #2

Most probably is the vacum pump attacment...
As far as my knowledge goes everithing is the same except the springs and total advance. I mean between advance sprockets , not those particular part numbers

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

addi.bigg
OM605; 7,5mm elements

09-25-2017, 10:10 AM #3
(09-25-2017, 01:44 AM)barrote Most probably is the vacum pump attacment...

What is the importance of those differenct parts?
The timing will not be on the exact position with the not original pump attachement?
addi.bigg
09-25-2017, 10:10 AM #3

(09-25-2017, 01:44 AM)barrote Most probably is the vacum pump attacment...

What is the importance of those differenct parts?
The timing will not be on the exact position with the not original pump attachement?

barrote
Superturbo

09-25-2017, 02:34 PM #4
I don't understand the question... but the devices work in the in the same principle through out the engines...
They alow the start of injection to be anticipated untill a certain amount of degress and untill a certain rpm theshold.
The springs are what differs in the MB device... althoug some devices allow more advance/ anticipation to be reached...
As my knowledge goes...

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
09-25-2017, 02:34 PM #4

I don't understand the question... but the devices work in the in the same principle through out the engines...
They alow the start of injection to be anticipated untill a certain amount of degress and untill a certain rpm theshold.
The springs are what differs in the MB device... althoug some devices allow more advance/ anticipation to be reached...
As my knowledge goes...

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

erx
w202 om606

09-25-2017, 03:53 PM #5
First code seems to be for old piston type vacuum pump and second code for new type.

Random pictures, may not be with exact same codes but just for visual differences.

first code:
[Image: 1499670120415_block]

second code:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoesKMyK7B2SSz0GfEqaN...DKWgPr-cpJ]

Vacuum pumps and timing sprockets must be in pairs and can't be changed even if changed as pairs because new type pump has extra pressure lubrication channel from engine front cover. So if someone wants to use different type sprocket and vacuum pump then engine front cover must be changed also.
This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 03:58 PM by erx.
erx
09-25-2017, 03:53 PM #5

First code seems to be for old piston type vacuum pump and second code for new type.

Random pictures, may not be with exact same codes but just for visual differences.

first code:

second code:

Vacuum pumps and timing sprockets must be in pairs and can't be changed even if changed as pairs because new type pump has extra pressure lubrication channel from engine front cover. So if someone wants to use different type sprocket and vacuum pump then engine front cover must be changed also.

addi.bigg
OM605; 7,5mm elements

09-26-2017, 12:08 AM #6
(09-25-2017, 03:53 PM)erx First code seems to be for old piston type vacuum pump and second code for new type.

first code:

second code:

This is close to what I meant to ask.
I've changed the below part with vacuum pump to the below one also with the vacuum pump. So thats's ok, changed in pair.
My question would be that there can be any problem in timing of the pump because of this change because the two pump/sprocket assys may have different springs? Bad idle, noise run, anything.
addi.bigg
09-26-2017, 12:08 AM #6

(09-25-2017, 03:53 PM)erx First code seems to be for old piston type vacuum pump and second code for new type.

first code:

second code:

I've changed the below part with vacuum pump to the below one also with the vacuum pump. So thats's ok, changed in pair.
My question would be that there can be any problem in timing of the pump because of this change because the two pump/sprocket assys may have different springs? Bad idle, noise run, anything.

erx
w202 om606

09-26-2017, 04:31 AM #7
(09-26-2017, 12:08 AM)addi.bigg

first code:

second code:

If you changed them in pairs then was the gasket exactly the same? I think it isn't. I wanted to change the pump also but new type vacuum pump has extra oil channel from engine front chain cover and gasket is different. Bolt pattern is the same but no lubrication channel on old type engine. Maybe if you change it from new type to old then it might work.

I belive timing part is the same, only difference is pump attachment.
This post was last modified: 09-26-2017, 04:36 AM by erx.
erx
09-26-2017, 04:31 AM #7

first code:

second code:

If you changed them in pairs then was the gasket exactly the same? I think it isn't. I wanted to change the pump also but new type vacuum pump has extra oil channel from engine front chain cover and gasket is different. Bolt pattern is the same but no lubrication channel on old type engine. Maybe if you change it from new type to old then it might work.

addi.bigg
OM605; 7,5mm elements

09-26-2017, 10:29 AM #8
(09-26-2017, 04:31 AM)erx

first code:

second code:

The gasket was a bit different yes, so I've used sealant and not gasket. It works well.
addi.bigg
09-26-2017, 10:29 AM #8

(09-26-2017, 04:31 AM)erx

first code:

second code:

The gasket was a bit different yes, so I've used sealant and not gasket. It works well.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average