STD Other Open How to begin with superturbodiesel?

How to begin with superturbodiesel?

How to begin with superturbodiesel?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Space cadet
Unregistered

07-16-2018, 03:02 PM #1
Hi Everyone! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this great community.
For few years I'm thinking about building superturbodiesel and this topic is coming back as boomerang Smile
I want to collect all Your advices to build good and durable car.
First question, wich model will be better? W201 or W124? In wich i can easier make all mods? handling? weight? dimensions?
Second question: wich engine? I was thinking about OM605... 
I want to build car with no big welding or manufacturing parts, I don't have time for this.
What setup will be best? 
Power and torque... it will be nice to have 400 hp but it is only my wish, I have no experience in this.
Please don't negate me and I will be grateful for any help from Your side!
Best Regards Simon
Space cadet
07-16-2018, 03:02 PM #1

Hi Everyone! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this great community.
For few years I'm thinking about building superturbodiesel and this topic is coming back as boomerang Smile
I want to collect all Your advices to build good and durable car.
First question, wich model will be better? W201 or W124? In wich i can easier make all mods? handling? weight? dimensions?
Second question: wich engine? I was thinking about OM605... 
I want to build car with no big welding or manufacturing parts, I don't have time for this.
What setup will be best? 
Power and torque... it will be nice to have 400 hp but it is only my wish, I have no experience in this.
Please don't negate me and I will be grateful for any help from Your side!
Best Regards Simon

g wizz
fuel oil junkie

10-22-2018, 12:01 AM #2
pick one based on how much money your willing to throw at a used car.

then figure out how much power. figure at least 10-15K usd for 350hp. prob 5K for the next 100hp, 10k for the next 100hp after that. add 100hp to each if you use a om 606 vs om603.

probably more depending on what the labor rate the shop you use is. hard to say honestly. 4 valve head will make better power. 605 is a good motor. i dunno? the relative costs are pretty similar regardless of which motor you choose honestly. built pump is a built pump no matter how many dvs it has. big turbo is a big turbo ect.
This post was last modified: 10-22-2018, 12:07 AM by g wizz.

85 300d om603, 717, he 341, sch40 stainless manifold with prioritized 50mm external W/G (2"open dump), intercooled, intake manifold, full 3.5 stainless exhaust.
need to figure out a different trans cause its already pissed with only 5.5mm elements... then diff and suspension. but for now its daily as described above.
g wizz
10-22-2018, 12:01 AM #2

pick one based on how much money your willing to throw at a used car.

then figure out how much power. figure at least 10-15K usd for 350hp. prob 5K for the next 100hp, 10k for the next 100hp after that. add 100hp to each if you use a om 606 vs om603.

probably more depending on what the labor rate the shop you use is. hard to say honestly. 4 valve head will make better power. 605 is a good motor. i dunno? the relative costs are pretty similar regardless of which motor you choose honestly. built pump is a built pump no matter how many dvs it has. big turbo is a big turbo ect.

85 300d om603, 717, he 341, sch40 stainless manifold with prioritized 50mm external W/G (2"open dump), intercooled, intake manifold, full 3.5 stainless exhaust.
need to figure out a different trans cause its already pissed with only 5.5mm elements... then diff and suspension. but for now its daily as described above.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average