STD Tuning Suspension w210 shock absorbers

w210 shock absorbers

w210 shock absorbers

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

sasquar
Naturally-aspirated

08-06-2018, 05:35 AM #1
Morning all,

Ive relatively recently purchased a w210 e300 td estate, which is currently my daily. Longer term, im going to play with the engine a bit and then when the body gives up, transfer the running gear onto something else.

In the mean time though, the ride is a little less than perfect, being a bit crashy. Its done 175k miles, so not entirely unexpected i guess. Its aventgaurd spec, so fine ride height wise, and no self levelling suspension which is kind of a shame, but there you go. Im thinking it'd be worth replacing the shocks all round with a new set, but unsure what to get? I seem to recall from when I was helping a mate with his 190, that the standard answer for all things merc was h&r springs and billstein shocks, but not sure whether this will also apply to the 210 chassis? Also, as mentioned, im only really wanting to do the shocks (for ride quality, not handling etc) so dont know if that makes a difference??

Anyone got any suggestions? Im not made of money, but im plannign on driving it for the next 4-5 years i imagine, so am happy to buy something half decent.

Im in the uk if that makes a difference from a supply point of view.

Cheers,
Pete
sasquar
08-06-2018, 05:35 AM #1

Morning all,

Ive relatively recently purchased a w210 e300 td estate, which is currently my daily. Longer term, im going to play with the engine a bit and then when the body gives up, transfer the running gear onto something else.

In the mean time though, the ride is a little less than perfect, being a bit crashy. Its done 175k miles, so not entirely unexpected i guess. Its aventgaurd spec, so fine ride height wise, and no self levelling suspension which is kind of a shame, but there you go. Im thinking it'd be worth replacing the shocks all round with a new set, but unsure what to get? I seem to recall from when I was helping a mate with his 190, that the standard answer for all things merc was h&r springs and billstein shocks, but not sure whether this will also apply to the 210 chassis? Also, as mentioned, im only really wanting to do the shocks (for ride quality, not handling etc) so dont know if that makes a difference??

Anyone got any suggestions? Im not made of money, but im plannign on driving it for the next 4-5 years i imagine, so am happy to buy something half decent.

Im in the uk if that makes a difference from a supply point of view.

Cheers,
Pete

Tobulus
GT2256V

08-07-2018, 09:01 AM #2
All 210 estates are equipped with sls, maybe someone removed it in your case.
Tobulus
08-07-2018, 09:01 AM #2

All 210 estates are equipped with sls, maybe someone removed it in your case.

sasquar
Naturally-aspirated

08-07-2018, 11:18 AM #3
interesting, ive only ever seen it fitted to the 7 seat versions? never (yet, although it must have been an option) to a 5 seater? maybe it was a uk thing??
sasquar
08-07-2018, 11:18 AM #3

interesting, ive only ever seen it fitted to the 7 seat versions? never (yet, although it must have been an option) to a 5 seater? maybe it was a uk thing??

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average