STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides FS: $2750.00 - 1992 300D 2.5 Turbo - Sportline/SuperTurboDiesel build USA

FS: $2750.00 - 1992 300D 2.5 Turbo - Sportline/SuperTurboDiesel build USA

FS: $2750.00 - 1992 300D 2.5 Turbo - Sportline/SuperTurboDiesel build USA

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bummer-Bob
K26-2

04-10-2020, 03:34 PM #1
EDIT: Asking price set at $2750. Will update thread with pics and more info soon.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Well, it's time to sell a car, and I'm looking for some help. I've got a 1992 300D 2.5 in Crystal Green, I have a build thread on this forum here. Around 241,000 miles on the odometer, currently. The car is at my home in Washington State.

It's kind of an unusual build. I was working on converting it to Sportline-spec, and got part of the way there: full Sportline interior in Creme Beige, plus Sportline steering wheel and shift knob, installed. The seats are in fantastic condition and the heating works! Sportline steering box has been acquired and rebuilt, but not installed. Sportline front and rear sway bars acquired, but not installed (recommend new bushings). I even have reproduction Sportline fender badges, not installed.

It has a recently installed Dieselmeken injection pump (7,5 mm elements) and Monark fuel injector nozzles. Starts right up, runs strong, but I have to keep the injection pump turned pretty low (has an external adjustable ALDA) or else I roll coal. With the right turbo (I was going to rebuild the stock T25 as a "Big T28"), I think you would get enough air to balance out the fuel and be able to turn the pump up more.

Other highlights include Euro headlamps and tail lamps (not OE).

Many, many little things were addressed over the years since I bought the car in 2016 - I will go into great detail in the formal listing and I have documentation for everything.

Paint is original, faded in spots, and a few scratches from overly aggressive snow and ice scraping (on the windshield, too). Headliner was replaced, but is JUST starting to sag in the very back (but nothing like it was). Both front and rear bumpers are not original, but they're in decent condition - they match each other (Alto Gray) but not the car.

I'm leaning towards including the uninstalled Sportline parts, and have a few other spares as well (brake pads and rotors, among other things).

So this is my problem: I have no idea how to price such a car. I realize it's not super desirable in and of itself, but it's a solid driver, for sure. Maybe someone out there wants to complete the Sportline/SuperTurboDiesel build. Or maybe someone wants it for parts? The Sportline interior alone has got to be worth something to someone with a W124. And a nearly virgin rebuilt injection pump, if you're into the STD thing?

So I don't know. I feel like there must be a buyer out there somewhere. I'm not trying to make money off of this thing, but I also don't want to be ripped off. And I just don't know where to start with pricing it. Any thoughts? You think there'd be any interest?

This post was last modified: 04-12-2020, 01:35 PM by Bummer-Bob.
Bummer-Bob
04-10-2020, 03:34 PM #1

EDIT: Asking price set at $2750. Will update thread with pics and more info soon.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Well, it's time to sell a car, and I'm looking for some help. I've got a 1992 300D 2.5 in Crystal Green, I have a build thread on this forum here. Around 241,000 miles on the odometer, currently. The car is at my home in Washington State.

It's kind of an unusual build. I was working on converting it to Sportline-spec, and got part of the way there: full Sportline interior in Creme Beige, plus Sportline steering wheel and shift knob, installed. The seats are in fantastic condition and the heating works! Sportline steering box has been acquired and rebuilt, but not installed. Sportline front and rear sway bars acquired, but not installed (recommend new bushings). I even have reproduction Sportline fender badges, not installed.

It has a recently installed Dieselmeken injection pump (7,5 mm elements) and Monark fuel injector nozzles. Starts right up, runs strong, but I have to keep the injection pump turned pretty low (has an external adjustable ALDA) or else I roll coal. With the right turbo (I was going to rebuild the stock T25 as a "Big T28"), I think you would get enough air to balance out the fuel and be able to turn the pump up more.

Other highlights include Euro headlamps and tail lamps (not OE).

Many, many little things were addressed over the years since I bought the car in 2016 - I will go into great detail in the formal listing and I have documentation for everything.

Paint is original, faded in spots, and a few scratches from overly aggressive snow and ice scraping (on the windshield, too). Headliner was replaced, but is JUST starting to sag in the very back (but nothing like it was). Both front and rear bumpers are not original, but they're in decent condition - they match each other (Alto Gray) but not the car.

I'm leaning towards including the uninstalled Sportline parts, and have a few other spares as well (brake pads and rotors, among other things).

So this is my problem: I have no idea how to price such a car. I realize it's not super desirable in and of itself, but it's a solid driver, for sure. Maybe someone out there wants to complete the Sportline/SuperTurboDiesel build. Or maybe someone wants it for parts? The Sportline interior alone has got to be worth something to someone with a W124. And a nearly virgin rebuilt injection pump, if you're into the STD thing?

So I don't know. I feel like there must be a buyer out there somewhere. I'm not trying to make money off of this thing, but I also don't want to be ripped off. And I just don't know where to start with pricing it. Any thoughts? You think there'd be any interest?

Mr_Robs
GT2256V

04-14-2020, 01:13 AM #2
Just went through your thread on the PeachParts forum, this build is really genuine and honestly I'd like to give the car a good home if possible. Not the best timing with all the shelter in place stuff going on right now (I'm down in California).

I have 95' W124 with a 606 heart that has been under the knife for too long. VW guy here as well, calypso green is one of my favorite colors and crystal green is nearly a dead ringer for it. My car is also creme beige inside, super jealous of those seats! The sportline bits are desirable for sure (uninstalled ones), and though a much more tame driveline its a really unique color and well cared for car for its age, would be sweet to see an OM605 with a 5 speed behind it if the 602 ever gave up.

Excited to see more pictures posted and maybe make a "non essential purchase" Wink
This post was last modified: 04-14-2020, 01:17 AM by Mr_Robs.
Mr_Robs
04-14-2020, 01:13 AM #2

Just went through your thread on the PeachParts forum, this build is really genuine and honestly I'd like to give the car a good home if possible. Not the best timing with all the shelter in place stuff going on right now (I'm down in California).

I have 95' W124 with a 606 heart that has been under the knife for too long. VW guy here as well, calypso green is one of my favorite colors and crystal green is nearly a dead ringer for it. My car is also creme beige inside, super jealous of those seats! The sportline bits are desirable for sure (uninstalled ones), and though a much more tame driveline its a really unique color and well cared for car for its age, would be sweet to see an OM605 with a 5 speed behind it if the 602 ever gave up.

Excited to see more pictures posted and maybe make a "non essential purchase" Wink

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

04-14-2020, 01:52 PM #3
Agreed. Great car / build thread. Looked thru yesterday as well. I would def buy it if I had more room in the "stable" and I'm just down the I-5 from ya in Snohomish, but my wife would likely kill me.

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
04-14-2020, 01:52 PM #3

Agreed. Great car / build thread. Looked thru yesterday as well. I would def buy it if I had more room in the "stable" and I'm just down the I-5 from ya in Snohomish, but my wife would likely kill me.

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62

Bummer-Bob
K26-2

04-16-2020, 10:58 PM #4
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words - sorry about the delayed response, I thought I had subscribed to this thread, so I wasn't actually checking it.
Bummer-Bob
04-16-2020, 10:58 PM #4

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words - sorry about the delayed response, I thought I had subscribed to this thread, so I wasn't actually checking it.

Bummer-Bob
K26-2

04-18-2020, 10:39 PM #5
SALE PENDING!!

A deposit has been placed on the car and it is currently being held for sale. I'll update this thread when the sale is finalized (which may be a few weeks due to the pandemic situation) or if the car is back on the market. Thanks!
Bummer-Bob
04-18-2020, 10:39 PM #5

SALE PENDING!!

A deposit has been placed on the car and it is currently being held for sale. I'll update this thread when the sale is finalized (which may be a few weeks due to the pandemic situation) or if the car is back on the market. Thanks!

Bummer-Bob
K26-2

05-06-2020, 05:38 PM #6
CAR IS SOLD!
Bummer-Bob
05-06-2020, 05:38 PM #6

CAR IS SOLD!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average