STD Other Projects 1974 Jeep Cherokee, OM606 swap

1974 Jeep Cherokee, OM606 swap

1974 Jeep Cherokee, OM606 swap

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DattMtn
Naturally-aspirated

07-30-2020, 01:31 PM #1
Hey all, I am about halfway through my engine swap for my 74 Cherokee "Ole Russ" and wanted to post some progress pics. This forum has been a great resource to finding the solutions to all my questions.  A brief overview is it is a 160K mi mill out of a '99 E300TD I drove across the country to pull the motor (donor chassis, transmission and all is available if you are interested, in Colorado). It broke the lower control arm in my driveway after the 2000mi drive, which was incredibly lucky for me. I have pulled the motor, cleaned it up and painted it. I have a 603 mech. inj. pump with 8mm elements, Borg warner S200SXE turbo, turbobandit Stainless steel exhaust manifold, and mating it to a GM NV4500 manual trans with a Bendsten adapter plate. 

If you have any questions about this swap please post and I will try to respond as best as I can.

Imgur progress pics
https://imgur.com/gallery/Vb1rBaA
DattMtn
07-30-2020, 01:31 PM #1

Hey all, I am about halfway through my engine swap for my 74 Cherokee "Ole Russ" and wanted to post some progress pics. This forum has been a great resource to finding the solutions to all my questions.  A brief overview is it is a 160K mi mill out of a '99 E300TD I drove across the country to pull the motor (donor chassis, transmission and all is available if you are interested, in Colorado). It broke the lower control arm in my driveway after the 2000mi drive, which was incredibly lucky for me. I have pulled the motor, cleaned it up and painted it. I have a 603 mech. inj. pump with 8mm elements, Borg warner S200SXE turbo, turbobandit Stainless steel exhaust manifold, and mating it to a GM NV4500 manual trans with a Bendsten adapter plate. 

If you have any questions about this swap please post and I will try to respond as best as I can.

Imgur progress pics
https://imgur.com/gallery/Vb1rBaA

WSchotty
K26-2

08-18-2020, 11:41 AM #2
This looks like it will be pretty fun, what do those Wagoneers weigh? I remember driving my friend's stripped down one with a 400ci big block/727 trans on forest trails, open headers WOT through mudholes and have fond memories of those things. One time he left it in the woods due to a fuel pump going out, when we went back it was stripped to the frame. That was when gasoline was 99c though, bet this one will do a bit better on fuel when you aren't mashing it. Big Grin

WSchotty
08-18-2020, 11:41 AM #2

This looks like it will be pretty fun, what do those Wagoneers weigh? I remember driving my friend's stripped down one with a 400ci big block/727 trans on forest trails, open headers WOT through mudholes and have fond memories of those things. One time he left it in the woods due to a fuel pump going out, when we went back it was stripped to the frame. That was when gasoline was 99c though, bet this one will do a bit better on fuel when you aren't mashing it. Big Grin

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average