STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides FOR SALE: OM606 Rebuildable OFV with mod'd spring

FOR SALE: OM606 Rebuildable OFV with mod'd spring

FOR SALE: OM606 Rebuildable OFV with mod'd spring

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Greazzer
Superturbo

08-29-2020, 07:05 AM #1
I have been selling the springs now for a while, close to 1,000, and always two thumbs up.

I have been rebuilding the OM616 & 617 OFVs (the rebuildable type) -- there's two types of course, so leave it to the engineers.

The OM606, and other applications are not rebuildable.  Ergo, I have a limited production run to fill this gap.  

These are all new, come with my mod'd spring already installed, and ready to go.  Buyer will need to re-use their crush washers.

Here is a picture.  Buyers should double check which one they have.  One is approximately 1 1/2 inches long, and the other is approximately 2" long.  

If you want to buy one, please visit my site:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru   The site has a web based platform store.
This post was last modified: 08-29-2020, 07:13 AM by Greazzer.
Attached Files
Image(s)

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...
Greazzer
08-29-2020, 07:05 AM #1

I have been selling the springs now for a while, close to 1,000, and always two thumbs up.

I have been rebuilding the OM616 & 617 OFVs (the rebuildable type) -- there's two types of course, so leave it to the engineers.

The OM606, and other applications are not rebuildable.  Ergo, I have a limited production run to fill this gap.  

These are all new, come with my mod'd spring already installed, and ready to go.  Buyer will need to re-use their crush washers.

Here is a picture.  Buyers should double check which one they have.  One is approximately 1 1/2 inches long, and the other is approximately 2" long.  

If you want to buy one, please visit my site:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru   The site has a web based platform store.

Attached Files
Image(s)

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...

vica153
GT2256V

10-06-2020, 11:39 AM #2
If the OEM valve is worn out, then I imagine a $50 replacement is probably cheaper than OEM and rebuild-able is always nice.

However, I've been looking thru the forums where this is posted, trying to find any sort of numbers/testing/results and haven't found anything.

What is different about it compared to OEM other than rebuild-able?  You have a "performance" spring, but seem to intentionally avoid mentioning any real details.  It's not like you have to give the exact part number for the spring used, but giving some details about how/why it's a "performance" part is pretty standard practice.

The OEM spring at this point is 20-30+ years old and could have 300,000+ miles on it.  It seems likely that they are at least a little tired and not performing at 100%.  Even if your part is simply a high quality, rebuildable version of the stock valve it would be worth every penny.

As you have mentioned, my fuel pressure gauge will tell me what pressure the valve runs at 5 seconds after I turn on the car.  Why not just tell me what it's going to be? I'm running an electric lift pump that is only rated for 20-30 psi. After some searching I found one user who saw ~36psi with the new valve. If that is what I could expect on my pump, then it would be a problem for me since my electric lift pump isn't rated for that pressure.

If everything else is working well, then simply increasing the pressure at the injection pump from 15 to 35psi should have absolutely no effect on the output of the pump. You could increase the pressure to 1000psi and it wouldn't get any more fuel into the pump.

I don't doubt that people feel a difference after installing the valve, but I think you could easily sell a valve to every single old mercedes diesel owner if you could actually explain why they can expect to see a performance improvement. Maybe the old valves are often worn out and under load the pressure gets very low.  Maybe worn out lift pumps struggle to keep up with flow rates and the higher pressure gives them a little more headroom. Maybe the higher pressure helps clear out air in the system more easily.

Anyone capable of machining this part, calculating/measuring spring force, buying an assortment of springs, and testing until they found one that worked is going to know that simply paying $50 is the obviously better solution....
This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 04:42 PM by vica153.
vica153
10-06-2020, 11:39 AM #2

If the OEM valve is worn out, then I imagine a $50 replacement is probably cheaper than OEM and rebuild-able is always nice.

However, I've been looking thru the forums where this is posted, trying to find any sort of numbers/testing/results and haven't found anything.

What is different about it compared to OEM other than rebuild-able?  You have a "performance" spring, but seem to intentionally avoid mentioning any real details.  It's not like you have to give the exact part number for the spring used, but giving some details about how/why it's a "performance" part is pretty standard practice.

The OEM spring at this point is 20-30+ years old and could have 300,000+ miles on it.  It seems likely that they are at least a little tired and not performing at 100%.  Even if your part is simply a high quality, rebuildable version of the stock valve it would be worth every penny.

As you have mentioned, my fuel pressure gauge will tell me what pressure the valve runs at 5 seconds after I turn on the car.  Why not just tell me what it's going to be? I'm running an electric lift pump that is only rated for 20-30 psi. After some searching I found one user who saw ~36psi with the new valve. If that is what I could expect on my pump, then it would be a problem for me since my electric lift pump isn't rated for that pressure.

If everything else is working well, then simply increasing the pressure at the injection pump from 15 to 35psi should have absolutely no effect on the output of the pump. You could increase the pressure to 1000psi and it wouldn't get any more fuel into the pump.

I don't doubt that people feel a difference after installing the valve, but I think you could easily sell a valve to every single old mercedes diesel owner if you could actually explain why they can expect to see a performance improvement. Maybe the old valves are often worn out and under load the pressure gets very low.  Maybe worn out lift pumps struggle to keep up with flow rates and the higher pressure gives them a little more headroom. Maybe the higher pressure helps clear out air in the system more easily.

Anyone capable of machining this part, calculating/measuring spring force, buying an assortment of springs, and testing until they found one that worked is going to know that simply paying $50 is the obviously better solution....

Greazzer
Superturbo

10-12-2020, 01:17 PM #3
Per a bunch of threads the fuel pressure is enhanced. This was covered a year or two ago

Greazzer
10-12-2020, 01:17 PM #3

Per a bunch of threads the fuel pressure is enhanced. This was covered a year or two ago

vica153
GT2256V

10-22-2020, 02:26 PM #4
Do you have a spring that does somewhere between 15-25psi so I could use it with my electric lift pump?
vica153
10-22-2020, 02:26 PM #4

Do you have a spring that does somewhere between 15-25psi so I could use it with my electric lift pump?

Greazzer
Superturbo

10-24-2020, 08:28 PM #5
I just have the one type of spring

Greazzer
10-24-2020, 08:28 PM #5

I just have the one type of spring

Greazzer
Superturbo

04-16-2022, 08:19 AM #6
I just have a few of these left.

Greazzer
04-16-2022, 08:19 AM #6

I just have a few of these left.

Greazzer
Superturbo

07-19-2022, 05:14 AM #7
I still have a handful of these springs left for the rebuildable OFV for the OM616 and OM617 family of engines.

And around a half dozen whole OFV rebuildable OFVs for the OM606 engine. Your engine probably never came with a rebuildable one.

There are threads over on peachparts if you're interested.

Greazzer
07-19-2022, 05:14 AM #7

I still have a handful of these springs left for the rebuildable OFV for the OM616 and OM617 family of engines.

And around a half dozen whole OFV rebuildable OFVs for the OM606 engine. Your engine probably never came with a rebuildable one.

There are threads over on peachparts if you're interested.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average