STD Tuning Engine Are there any turbo-charged OM604?

Are there any turbo-charged OM604?

Are there any turbo-charged OM604?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Steve202
Naturally-aspirated

05-15-2021, 06:24 AM #1
Hello,

I am thinking about turboing an OM604. So I am looking for informations about it.

Which header could I use? Is it possible, to take a header from an OM611 or OM646? And could I use the intake-manifold from one of these engines?

How many hp will the conrods endure? Should I better use conrods from OM611/OM646? My power-goal is 250-300 hp. 

The head gasket has to be custom made? 

Please excuse, that my English is not that good. But I am from Germany, so English is not my natural language.
Steve202
05-15-2021, 06:24 AM #1

Hello,

I am thinking about turboing an OM604. So I am looking for informations about it.

Which header could I use? Is it possible, to take a header from an OM611 or OM646? And could I use the intake-manifold from one of these engines?

How many hp will the conrods endure? Should I better use conrods from OM611/OM646? My power-goal is 250-300 hp. 

The head gasket has to be custom made? 

Please excuse, that my English is not that good. But I am from Germany, so English is not my natural language.

barrote
Superturbo

05-16-2021, 04:18 AM #2
604, turbo... yes... although the internals may need some atention.
Well... besides the colectors a lot of things need atention:

1-IP , most probably block may need some machining to fit a M Pump as it is the best solution for lots of fuel, a VE can also be used but in this case, moding is needed as the original pump is the Lucas EPIC EDC, and this one worth nothing.

2-Head assy, need stage 2 mods or 3.

3- HG will hold, for sure if is MLS.

4-Pistons also hold, rings are same for any 89mm MB piston.

5- Rods very week ... CDI rods are a good swap.

6- Oil pump and squirters need some atention.

Basically is it ... certainly with 160cc of fuel and a lot of air it can be taken to the 80hp cylinder mark.

I can help u with it, email me at frgman@gmail.com if u wish.
Regards

FD,