STD Tuning Engine No fuel to injectors

No fuel to injectors

No fuel to injectors

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

ho55
GTA2056V

06-20-2021, 06:01 AM #1
I'm doing a build with an engine that i bought from someone elses unfinished project.
Supposedly a good engine, he had done work on it - water pump etc and fitted a Dieselmeken upgraded pump.
I've made all the connections and deleted the prefilter.

I have a manual priming pump and have got fuel into all lines, and all of the air out.
But on cracking the pump injector lines i never get any fuel out.

The shut of is in the correct position (clockwise, no vacuum).

I then fitted a electric lift pump to see if that helped and get some fuel coming back to the tank from the return.
However i have noticed that after a while stopped some of the lines do drain and have sir in them.

I have not checked the pump timing, but that would not stop any fuel appearing surely?

Is there anything else i need to do to prime it? Is there anything else that would stop in delivering?

I've rechecked the lines ad the all seem to be correct.
ho55
06-20-2021, 06:01 AM #1

I'm doing a build with an engine that i bought from someone elses unfinished project.
Supposedly a good engine, he had done work on it - water pump etc and fitted a Dieselmeken upgraded pump.
I've made all the connections and deleted the prefilter.

I have a manual priming pump and have got fuel into all lines, and all of the air out.
But on cracking the pump injector lines i never get any fuel out.

The shut of is in the correct position (clockwise, no vacuum).

I then fitted a electric lift pump to see if that helped and get some fuel coming back to the tank from the return.
However i have noticed that after a while stopped some of the lines do drain and have sir in them.

I have not checked the pump timing, but that would not stop any fuel appearing surely?

Is there anything else i need to do to prime it? Is there anything else that would stop in delivering?

I've rechecked the lines ad the all seem to be correct.

ho55
GTA2056V

06-21-2021, 05:03 AM #2
After doing a bit of research i may have a possible cause - the pressure release valve stuck open. But my pump is not the same as the one i have seen in a video about this issue.
In fact on some older pumps (W124) i've seen the valve is in the bolt in the overflow banjo.
So where is it on the Dieselmeken pumps?
ho55
06-21-2021, 05:03 AM #2

After doing a bit of research i may have a possible cause - the pressure release valve stuck open. But my pump is not the same as the one i have seen in a video about this issue.
In fact on some older pumps (W124) i've seen the valve is in the bolt in the overflow banjo.
So where is it on the Dieselmeken pumps?

barrote
Superturbo

06-22-2021, 02:34 AM #3
Hehe . U have to put a 700mb press release valve on the return, all pumps use it. I mean all.
Regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel
barrote
06-22-2021, 02:34 AM #3

Hehe . U have to put a 700mb press release valve on the return, all pumps use it. I mean all.
Regards

FD,
Powered by tractor fuel

ho55
GTA2056V

06-22-2021, 07:23 AM #4
Yeah found that out now, one on order. The pump was given to me with a standard banjo bolt in the hole.
ho55
06-22-2021, 07:23 AM #4

Yeah found that out now, one on order. The pump was given to me with a standard banjo bolt in the hole.

AlanMcR
mind - blown

06-29-2021, 09:49 PM #5
(06-22-2021, 02:34 AM)barrote Hehe . U have to put a 700mb press release valve on the return, all pumps use it. I mean all.
Regards

After the pressure release valve in one of mine (OM606a) failed, I remade it with a 1mm orifice (going from memory on the exact size) . Instead of the fuel pressure being limited by the pressure valve it is limited by the return spring strength in the lift pump. It has worked great for years.
AlanMcR
06-29-2021, 09:49 PM #5

(06-22-2021, 02:34 AM)barrote Hehe . U have to put a 700mb press release valve on the return, all pumps use it. I mean all.
Regards

After the pressure release valve in one of mine (OM606a) failed, I remade it with a 1mm orifice (going from memory on the exact size) . Instead of the fuel pressure being limited by the pressure valve it is limited by the return spring strength in the lift pump. It has worked great for years.

ho55
GTA2056V

07-03-2021, 05:39 AM #6
Hmm, correct relief valve fitted and i still have no output from the injection pump.
Rechecked the pipes again, its all correct. Can use the prime pump and see theres pressure there and the relief valve is opening when it should.
Is there anything else that can stop delivery? (stop lever is in run state)
Should i crank on idle or open throttle?
This post was last modified: 07-03-2021, 05:40 AM by ho55.
ho55
07-03-2021, 05:39 AM #6

Hmm, correct relief valve fitted and i still have no output from the injection pump.
Rechecked the pipes again, its all correct. Can use the prime pump and see theres pressure there and the relief valve is opening when it should.
Is there anything else that can stop delivery? (stop lever is in run state)
Should i crank on idle or open throttle?

Anjay1
K26-2

07-03-2021, 12:54 PM #7
You can remove side cover to see that elements are connected to fuel rack( it happen to me once that rack was disengaged). Loosen the nuts on delivery valves and crank on with throttle on full - pedal to the metal. Once you get fuel coming out tighten up those on top of injection pump and loosen ferrule nuts on top of injectors and keep on cranking. Note: disconnect glow plugs at the glow plug controller so it is not powered. Glow plug drain battery fast and till you have fuel system bled of air are not needed. Be patient, it takes time to bleed entire fuel system of air.
Anjay1
07-03-2021, 12:54 PM #7

You can remove side cover to see that elements are connected to fuel rack( it happen to me once that rack was disengaged). Loosen the nuts on delivery valves and crank on with throttle on full - pedal to the metal. Once you get fuel coming out tighten up those on top of injection pump and loosen ferrule nuts on top of injectors and keep on cranking. Note: disconnect glow plugs at the glow plug controller so it is not powered. Glow plug drain battery fast and till you have fuel system bled of air are not needed. Be patient, it takes time to bleed entire fuel system of air.

ho55
GTA2056V

07-10-2021, 11:48 AM #8
Ok this is driving me nuts...
- Fitted the correct relief valve
- Added a pressure gauge to the pump input banjo - i see pulses of pressure but not a constant 0.8 bar, it leaks away when i stop pumping.
- Dismantled the lift pump, looks ok.
- Fitted my spare lift pump (known working engine)
- Changed the relief valve for another (known working)
- Changed the fuel filter housing for another (known working)
- Its all primed, no air. I have a priming pump/prefilter before the lift pump. With that i can get it up to 0.8 bar it drains by the relief valve, but when i stop pumping it drops.
- I popped a deliver valve out and do get fuel when priming it.

And never any output from the open delivery valves.

Any ideas?
ho55
07-10-2021, 11:48 AM #8

Ok this is driving me nuts...
- Fitted the correct relief valve
- Added a pressure gauge to the pump input banjo - i see pulses of pressure but not a constant 0.8 bar, it leaks away when i stop pumping.
- Dismantled the lift pump, looks ok.
- Fitted my spare lift pump (known working engine)
- Changed the relief valve for another (known working)
- Changed the fuel filter housing for another (known working)
- Its all primed, no air. I have a priming pump/prefilter before the lift pump. With that i can get it up to 0.8 bar it drains by the relief valve, but when i stop pumping it drops.
- I popped a deliver valve out and do get fuel when priming it.

And never any output from the open delivery valves.

Any ideas?

Anjay1
K26-2

07-10-2021, 01:15 PM #9
Remove side cover on injection pump and check if fuel rack operates.
Anjay1
07-10-2021, 01:15 PM #9

Remove side cover on injection pump and check if fuel rack operates.

ho55
GTA2056V

07-11-2021, 05:43 AM #10
Cover off.
Ok, the rack was stuck, popped it free and now it seems to work correctly.
Any ideas what would have caused it to be stuck fully right?, further than the normal travel by the shut-off lever.
This post was last modified: 07-11-2021, 06:30 AM by ho55.
ho55
07-11-2021, 05:43 AM #10

Cover off.
Ok, the rack was stuck, popped it free and now it seems to work correctly.
Any ideas what would have caused it to be stuck fully right?, further than the normal travel by the shut-off lever.

Anjay1
K26-2

07-11-2021, 12:10 PM #11
Most likely do to handling before installation. I wouldn’t know if didn’t happen to me.
Anjay1
07-11-2021, 12:10 PM #11

Most likely do to handling before installation. I wouldn’t know if didn’t happen to me.

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average