STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides 190e Cosworth Dogleg 5 speed swap

190e Cosworth Dogleg 5 speed swap

190e Cosworth Dogleg 5 speed swap

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

raysorenson
Superturbo

12-08-2021, 02:28 PM #1
Most everything needed to swap a W124 over to a dogleg 5 speed. This is a powertrain for your MB that can reliably deliver several hundred horsepower to your rear wheels. 

Maintenance: I went through the trans a few years ago before installing it in my 300d. The front bearing and a couple of other bearing were replaced. None of the bearings were bad I just wanted insurance. I've heard that the front bearing often causes catastrophic failure so I put a new one in there. Angular and Axial movement of the input shaft was reduced when I was done. A couple of the brass synchro rings were worn beyond spec and replaced. Trans was driven probably 15K miles after I went through it. Works fine. 

Mods: The flywheel has been modified to accept a Sach 765 240mm clutch for the BMW E34 M5. This clutch holds ~440 lb/ft with an organic disc. There is a 1.2mm friction surface step machined in the FW so that standard Mercedes Benz 8mm thick clutch discs will fit. Flywheel and clutch assembly were tested for balance after machining and needed no balancing. The powertrain felt smooth at 6000 rpm. 

The slave cylinder push rod and the pivot bolt for the clutch release arm have both been shortened to accommodate the taller clutch and maintain correct release arm geometry.

A 1310 u-joint yoke has been installed to the output shaft. The pilot stub was cut off the ouput shaft since it was in the way of the u-joint and no longer needed. 

Delrin bushings have been installed in the shifter assembly to replace the sloppy rubber ones.

Includes: 
Transmission

Sachs 765 pressure plate and MB 240mm organic disc.

Flywheel, pilot bearing

Cozzie pedal assembly with master cylinder and the hose that attaches to fluid reservior (pictured below near brake booster)

Shifter assembly with rods. Delrin bushings in shifter. No slop. Reverse switch and 2 pin connector and pigtail supplied.

Custom driveshaft with 1310 u-joints and MB hanger bearing sized for a W124. Can be resized for another application.

Differential with 1310 yoke and 2.65 gear ratio. Great ratio for this trans and normal height tires. Open diff. Can supply an MB clutch type 
LSD for an extra $400 to buyer.

Shift boot. I bought it new from the dealer years ago when they were still available. It's in unbelievably good shape. People were asking hundreds of dollars for these when stock sold out. Now they're unobtanium. Also, the plastic clip that attaches the boot to the wood trim, another unobtanium part, is still functional. The plastic thing that attaches to the shifter and supports the "skirt" of the shift boot is supplied. It has 2 of 4 mounting tabs broken but still mounts and works fine. If you carefully cut your shifter surround to fit, it will look like it came from the factory as a manual. 

W124 manual trans crossmember.

Hydraulic hard line to the master cylinder and A/N braided stainless line to slave cylinder. A/N fittings need to be replaced but you can see and copy what I did to make it work. 

What is missing: The  bushings and clips that attach the shift rods to the shift levers on the trans. Still available new, or maybe you can find someone who makes Delrin ones. Same as the auto trans part#'s I think so also findable at junk yards. 

People want crazy money for these transmissions. Just the trans. Then they want crazy $$ for the shifter. And more for everything else. Have a look for yourself. I want $3500 plus $400 shipping to CONUS. Will drive some to meet you. 

[Image: fNoKrfi.jpg?1]

[size=1][Image: 4rld6L3.jpg?1][/size]

[size=1][size=1][Image: PIQVI3d.jpg?1][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: QlTqNg7.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: 7K5vjJW.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: qFSJcQC.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: hGy7xut.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: RMflP7P.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: rBJWf97.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: 1yfroxE.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: DvYxXmF.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: fVJoD6l.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: N6M7HN9.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: 51eJeV8.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: 2laWxgz.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
raysorenson
12-08-2021, 02:28 PM #1

Most everything needed to swap a W124 over to a dogleg 5 speed. This is a powertrain for your MB that can reliably deliver several hundred horsepower to your rear wheels. 

Maintenance: I went through the trans a few years ago before installing it in my 300d. The front bearing and a couple of other bearing were replaced. None of the bearings were bad I just wanted insurance. I've heard that the front bearing often causes catastrophic failure so I put a new one in there. Angular and Axial movement of the input shaft was reduced when I was done. A couple of the brass synchro rings were worn beyond spec and replaced. Trans was driven probably 15K miles after I went through it. Works fine. 

Mods: The flywheel has been modified to accept a Sach 765 240mm clutch for the BMW E34 M5. This clutch holds ~440 lb/ft with an organic disc. There is a 1.2mm friction surface step machined in the FW so that standard Mercedes Benz 8mm thick clutch discs will fit. Flywheel and clutch assembly were tested for balance after machining and needed no balancing. The powertrain felt smooth at 6000 rpm. 

The slave cylinder push rod and the pivot bolt for the clutch release arm have both been shortened to accommodate the taller clutch and maintain correct release arm geometry.

A 1310 u-joint yoke has been installed to the output shaft. The pilot stub was cut off the ouput shaft since it was in the way of the u-joint and no longer needed. 

Delrin bushings have been installed in the shifter assembly to replace the sloppy rubber ones.

Includes: 
Transmission

Sachs 765 pressure plate and MB 240mm organic disc.

Flywheel, pilot bearing

Cozzie pedal assembly with master cylinder and the hose that attaches to fluid reservior (pictured below near brake booster)

Shifter assembly with rods. Delrin bushings in shifter. No slop. Reverse switch and 2 pin connector and pigtail supplied.

Custom driveshaft with 1310 u-joints and MB hanger bearing sized for a W124. Can be resized for another application.

Differential with 1310 yoke and 2.65 gear ratio. Great ratio for this trans and normal height tires. Open diff. Can supply an MB clutch type 
LSD for an extra $400 to buyer.

Shift boot. I bought it new from the dealer years ago when they were still available. It's in unbelievably good shape. People were asking hundreds of dollars for these when stock sold out. Now they're unobtanium. Also, the plastic clip that attaches the boot to the wood trim, another unobtanium part, is still functional. The plastic thing that attaches to the shifter and supports the "skirt" of the shift boot is supplied. It has 2 of 4 mounting tabs broken but still mounts and works fine. If you carefully cut your shifter surround to fit, it will look like it came from the factory as a manual. 

W124 manual trans crossmember.

Hydraulic hard line to the master cylinder and A/N braided stainless line to slave cylinder. A/N fittings need to be replaced but you can see and copy what I did to make it work. 

What is missing: The  bushings and clips that attach the shift rods to the shift levers on the trans. Still available new, or maybe you can find someone who makes Delrin ones. Same as the auto trans part#'s I think so also findable at junk yards. 

People want crazy money for these transmissions. Just the trans. Then they want crazy $$ for the shifter. And more for everything else. Have a look for yourself. I want $3500 plus $400 shipping to CONUS. Will drive some to meet you. 

[Image: fNoKrfi.jpg?1]

[size=1][Image: 4rld6L3.jpg?1][/size]

[size=1][size=1][Image: PIQVI3d.jpg?1][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: QlTqNg7.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: 7K5vjJW.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: qFSJcQC.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: hGy7xut.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: RMflP7P.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: rBJWf97.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: 1yfroxE.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: DvYxXmF.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: fVJoD6l.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: N6M7HN9.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: 51eJeV8.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][Image: 2laWxgz.jpg?1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][size=1][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average