STD Tuning Engine Cruise control with stock ECU

Cruise control with stock ECU

Cruise control with stock ECU

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kalle
Naturally-aspirated

04-10-2023, 12:14 PM #1
Hi all
I have got an OM605 that I will put into a Volvo 240. I will use the stock ECU and it would be nice with cruise control. But will my ECU support it? The donor car, a 1996 W202, did not have cruise control and there are no cables for it in the old engine harnes. I'm making a new one however and don't know whether I should add wires for cruise control. Are there components in the ECU that is not fitted for none cruise control cars, and how about software?
Kalle
04-10-2023, 12:14 PM #1

Hi all
I have got an OM605 that I will put into a Volvo 240. I will use the stock ECU and it would be nice with cruise control. But will my ECU support it? The donor car, a 1996 W202, did not have cruise control and there are no cables for it in the old engine harnes. I'm making a new one however and don't know whether I should add wires for cruise control. Are there components in the ECU that is not fitted for none cruise control cars, and how about software?

junkyarddawg
Naturally-aspirated

04-14-2023, 05:48 AM #2
Many of the ECU from this time where version coded for the optional equipment via the star diagnosis system, if you provide the ecu with all the required inputs and a valid version code it should be possible to function.
junkyarddawg
04-14-2023, 05:48 AM #2

Many of the ECU from this time where version coded for the optional equipment via the star diagnosis system, if you provide the ecu with all the required inputs and a valid version code it should be possible to function.

Kalle
Naturally-aspirated

04-14-2023, 11:46 AM #3
Thanks for the respons! So now I just have to find out how to change version code.
Kalle
04-14-2023, 11:46 AM #3

Thanks for the respons! So now I just have to find out how to change version code.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average