STD
606 Exhaust manifoil limitations - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 606 Exhaust manifoil limitations (/showthread.php?tid=2103)

606 Exhaust manifoil limitations - knut olav - 12-30-2010

How many hp can you maximum get out of original 606turbo exhaust manifoil before you have to bay or make a custum manifoil? Iwant to use a bigger turbo.

RE: 606 Exhaust manifoil limitations - muuris - 12-31-2010

No bigger turbo bolts on to that manifold! It has triangle flange and very small outlet hole. You'd have to fabricate the adapter anyways, but still the hole is small... I guess it would be good even for 350hp (with likely high backpressure) if you'll grind the outlet to be as big as possible and make the adapter properly, so there's no step (gases hitting a "wall") when exhaust gases go from the manifold round outlet to the T3 flange your adapter has.

If I was to build a 300hp OM606, I'd use the stock (grinned) manifold with the adapter.

RE: 606 Exhaust manifoil limitations - knut olav - 12-31-2010

(12-31-2010, 01:40 AM)muuris No bigger turbo bolts on to that manifold! It has triangle flange and very small outlet hole. You'd have to fabricate the adapter anyways, but still the hole is small... I guess it would be good even for 350hp (with likely high backpressure) if you'll grind the outlet to be as big as possible and make the adapter properly, so there's no step (gases hitting a "wall") when exhaust gases go from the manifold round outlet to the T3 flange your adapter has.

If I was to build a 300hp OM606, I'd use the stock (grinned) manifold with the adapter.

Thanks for the answer, did you angeled the adapter upwards ca 90 degree?
or did you weld a t3 flange directyl at the triangle flange?
I send an picture of the car i will put the engine in, today it has a 617 turbo but i need more power with this wheels.
I have sent my 603 pump to PP Diesel for 7mm element and adjustment, i havent got it back yet.

RE: 606 Exhaust manifoil limitations - 300D50 - 12-31-2010

Now THAT is a rig! Big Grin

Nicely done!

RE: 606 Exhaust manifoil limitations - INC - 12-31-2010

Can you post more pictures from intercooler. Its from Sprinter?

RE: 606 Exhaust manifoil limitations - knut olav - 01-01-2011

(12-31-2010, 11:44 AM)INC Can you post more pictures from intercooler. Its from Sprinter?

Yes, the intercooler came from a sprinter but i dont know the modell.
Are you driving offroad trophy? We are 12 cars from norway going for Arctic trophy in Russia, Kola, sptember 2011 .I wil take more pictures when i am in the garage.

RE: 606 Exhaust manifoil limitations - muuris - 01-02-2011

I don't have cast manifold on mine, but I would make a bolt-on adapter instead of trying to weld cast iron.

RE: 606 Exhaust manifoil limitations - Captain America - 01-04-2011

The good ole TSL Super Swampers do work!