STD
Automotive Technology Schools - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Automotive Technology Schools (/showthread.php?tid=3127)

Automotive Technology Schools - serverman777 - 11-14-2011

Anybody know any good schools? Automotive tech schools? Looking for something to do after high school. Kinda want to open my own shop and fix euro trash all day Smile. Any leads would be great!

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - iheartboost - 11-15-2011

depends what you want to do. if being a mechanic is what you want im sure there are vocational schools in your area. but if you want to like engineer automotive stuff there is Kettering University which is basically an automotive engineering school.

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - serverman777 - 11-15-2011

I do want to be a mechanic. But I hear bad things about small little vocational schools. I want to go somewhere big, like one for like F1 racing or something. I was told go to the same schools that all the F1 and Nascar mechanics go to, to insure a good education.

well it dosent work quite like that. there isent just a "f1 mechanic school" you need alot of experience down low and regular shops, as well as college education, then racing mechanic experience. then you just kinda work your way up. its a long road.

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - MFSuper90 - 11-15-2011

University of Northwestern Ohio i have heard is one of the best schools in the east. I have been there many times and all the machines they have is amazing.

Pretty cool place, except it being located in a really shitty town

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - MB TECH - 11-15-2011

I went through Universal Technical Institue auto/diesel/industrial and Mercedes Elite program in Chicago. This school has a lot of connections for career options.

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - Captain America - 11-15-2011

I also went to UTI like MB TECH. I did not get into one of the manufacture specific programs because I am not interested in working on new cars but I did take the Ford FACT program and learned a shit load over the 18 months...

They have one close to me in So Cal

Did you guys like UTI? That Mercedes Elite program sounds kick ass. Its my senior year of high school and I got to figure this stuff out soon. Should I go into a program right out of high school or go to college for a few years and get a degree in something?

GET A DEGREE! even if its just an associates in something simple. your older self will thank you

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - MFSuper90 - 11-15-2011

I am doing what we call PSEO in ohio. I go to a community college instead of high school and get my education. I can have an associates degree before im out of high school.

Oh yeah, and the high school pays for it Big Grin

I been doing haft days at a local community college, isn't much fun Sad

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - Captain America - 11-16-2011

I didnt want to go to college. So went to UTI. I loved it!

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - JB3 - 11-16-2011

I went to New England Tech (NEIT) which I loved. Same deal with the connections, lots of these schools really know how to help their graduates get jobs.

UTI is probably the same, but I loved the scheduling options available to people working. I was able to hold down a full time job, and schedule classes around it, super early and super late.

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - MB TECH - 11-16-2011

Loved UTI, similar to NEIT great scheduling allowing for a full time job. MB ELITE program was awesome as well as assistance in job placement. I did UTI after Air Force Basic Training which was 2 weeks after high school graduation.

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - CJP28 - 11-24-2011

I'm enrolled for UTI Houston, Texas campus! Big Grin My classes begin on August 20, 2012. I'll be taking the AUTO/DIESEL classes. I am highly excited, the campus is BADASS in my opinion! ^_^ My goal is to become a certified Porsche technician. And UTI is a step towards that dream I have, since they have Manufacture training and Porsche is a manufacture they are partnered with. I highly recommend UTI.

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - serverman777 - 11-24-2011

I'm thinking about going to UTI. I hearing shit tons of good things about it. Thank you everybody for the great help!

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - Captain America - 11-24-2011

If you fuck around, its a waste of money. But if you apply yourself, pick the instructors brains, and take it all in.... It's awesome and a wealth of knowledge

RE: Automotive Technology Schools - CJP28 - 11-26-2011

^ That's pretty straight-foward. Lol