STD Tuning Engine Engine Knock or not

Engine Knock or not

Engine Knock or not

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Buzzliteyear
Naturally-aspirated

08-16-2024, 05:31 PM #1
Does this sound like a engine Knock (rod or timing chain) its a new to me engine done 300,000ks was sold
as a oil burner, for some reason the oil level is 3 times over fill and the fuel is dark in the return pipe.....

at 42 second I use the preheat again to see if it changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH_VGpsKkc4
Buzzliteyear
08-16-2024, 05:31 PM #1

Does this sound like a engine Knock (rod or timing chain) its a new to me engine done 300,000ks was sold
as a oil burner, for some reason the oil level is 3 times over fill and the fuel is dark in the return pipe.....

at 42 second I use the preheat again to see if it changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH_VGpsKkc4

baldur
Fast

08-17-2024, 06:19 PM #2
I listened to the video and I really don't have a definitive idea of the source of that noise.
What I tend to do is undo one injector line at a time with a 14mm spanner to disable injection on one cylinder at a time, and see if the noise changes or goes away, that gives me an idea of whether that noise is associated with combustion in any particular cylinder and narrows the search.
baldur
08-17-2024, 06:19 PM #2

I listened to the video and I really don't have a definitive idea of the source of that noise.
What I tend to do is undo one injector line at a time with a 14mm spanner to disable injection on one cylinder at a time, and see if the noise changes or goes away, that gives me an idea of whether that noise is associated with combustion in any particular cylinder and narrows the search.

Niko
K26-2

08-19-2024, 01:29 AM #3
The fuel returns dark. Is the oil mixed with fuel ?
Niko
08-19-2024, 01:29 AM #3

The fuel returns dark. Is the oil mixed with fuel ?

Buzzliteyear
Naturally-aspirated

08-19-2024, 06:34 AM #4
@baldur thanks yes my brother had similar idea would it take the pressure off that cylinder firering either it be rod knock
or dripping injector ?

@ Niko yes maybe a gasket in the pump and that is why the oil looks over fill it maybe diesel mixed, I will check it out soon
Buzzliteyear
08-19-2024, 06:34 AM #4

@baldur thanks yes my brother had similar idea would it take the pressure off that cylinder firering either it be rod knock
or dripping injector ?

@ Niko yes maybe a gasket in the pump and that is why the oil looks over fill it maybe diesel mixed, I will check it out soon

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average