STD Tuning Engine om613 Cylinder head flow and iat temp limitations.

om613 Cylinder head flow and iat temp limitations.

om613 Cylinder head flow and iat temp limitations.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

flosenk05
Naturally-aspirated

09-08-2024, 04:22 AM #1
Hey guys currently running a did1 on my om613 engine the mods are minimal: egr fully deleted for better flow, swirl flaps deleted and plugged, hybrid turbo from ecutuningkaunaus, open intake that sucks fresh air from the side of the water cooler and a big intercooler with stainless piping.

Now the question is im currently running about 3 bar of boost and it seems like the cylinder head just doesnt want to flow that good and also the iat temps are trough the roof any ideas or mods to improve on that?

What kind of boost are you guys running at what power, curious to hear.

Flo.
flosenk05
09-08-2024, 04:22 AM #1

Hey guys currently running a did1 on my om613 engine the mods are minimal: egr fully deleted for better flow, swirl flaps deleted and plugged, hybrid turbo from ecutuningkaunaus, open intake that sucks fresh air from the side of the water cooler and a big intercooler with stainless piping.

Now the question is im currently running about 3 bar of boost and it seems like the cylinder head just doesnt want to flow that good and also the iat temps are trough the roof any ideas or mods to improve on that?

What kind of boost are you guys running at what power, curious to hear.

Flo.

baldur
Fast

09-11-2024, 07:15 AM #2
Are you monitoring the exhaust manifold pressure? When you say 3 bar boost do you mean 3 bar absolute or 3 bar over atmospheric? I think 3 bar over atmospheric is probably too much for a hybrid turbo in the stock frame. I run 2.5 bar on my OM612 with a hybrid turbo built on an OM648 GT2359 package, and I have not found more air flow going with more boost than that, and a larger displacement engine would take less boost than that. My OM612 makes an honest and reliable 400 horsepower. Also, to make use of that kind of boost you need upgraded injectors and high pressure pump.
baldur
09-11-2024, 07:15 AM #2

Are you monitoring the exhaust manifold pressure? When you say 3 bar boost do you mean 3 bar absolute or 3 bar over atmospheric? I think 3 bar over atmospheric is probably too much for a hybrid turbo in the stock frame. I run 2.5 bar on my OM612 with a hybrid turbo built on an OM648 GT2359 package, and I have not found more air flow going with more boost than that, and a larger displacement engine would take less boost than that. My OM612 makes an honest and reliable 400 horsepower. Also, to make use of that kind of boost you need upgraded injectors and high pressure pump.

flosenk05
Naturally-aspirated

09-18-2024, 03:59 PM #3
hey thanks for the reply @baldur, i run 3 bar difference or 4 bar absolut, not monitoring emp since i thought de stock exhaust would be enough bc of the decat and downpipe after the turbo, the turbo is advertised to be safe around 2.7 bars, do you run a special exhaust manifold or just the stock one and what would be my ideal ratio for map to emp? hopefully i can squeeze some more power out the stock fuel system with the help of a electric lift pump without it the pressure starts to drop at around 3500rpm down to 11-1200bars.
flosenk05
09-18-2024, 03:59 PM #3

hey thanks for the reply @baldur, i run 3 bar difference or 4 bar absolut, not monitoring emp since i thought de stock exhaust would be enough bc of the decat and downpipe after the turbo, the turbo is advertised to be safe around 2.7 bars, do you run a special exhaust manifold or just the stock one and what would be my ideal ratio for map to emp? hopefully i can squeeze some more power out the stock fuel system with the help of a electric lift pump without it the pressure starts to drop at around 3500rpm down to 11-1200bars.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average