STD
Electric Fuel pump - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Electric Fuel pump (/showthread.php?tid=1757)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Electric Fuel pump - tomnik - 10-03-2010

max. pressure not specified.

Tom

RE: Electric Fuel pump - ForcedInduction - 10-03-2010

(10-03-2010, 12:50 AM)muuris It doesn't have banjos like the old ones, but crappy plastic pieces with o-rings and a holy spirit holding the things together.

G@s engines make over 60psi with those types of connections.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - muuris - 10-03-2010

Thanks tomnik, that's great! Seems pressures are a bit on the low side on mine, although I didn't test whilst in neutral, but while driving.

(10-03-2010, 06:14 AM)ForcedInduction G@s engines make over 60psi with those types of connections.
And on many OM605/6 the filter housings have been changed to old style ones due to leaking with under 15psi. I changed all the o-rings in mine but it still wasn't very convincing.

Anyone experimented how a g@sser high pressure fuel pump works with diesel in the winter?

RE: Electric Fuel pump - 300D50 - 10-03-2010

I'll be running an OEM Mitsubishi pump in my truck, it's already in the tank so why not use it? I'll be using the oem fpr as well, so we shall see...

RE: Electric Fuel pump - Captain America - 10-03-2010

(10-03-2010, 10:03 AM)muuris Thanks tomnik, that's great! Seems pressures are a bit on the low side on mine, although I didn't test whilst in neutral, but while driving.

(10-03-2010, 06:14 AM)ForcedInduction G@s engines make over 60psi with those types of connections.
And on many OM605/6 the filter housings have been changed to old style ones due to leaking with under 15psi. I changed all the o-rings in mine but it still wasn't very convincing.

Anyone experimented how a g@sser high pressure fuel pump works with diesel in the winter?

It has not been below 70 degrees for me to test with...

RE: Electric Fuel pump - ForcedInduction - 10-03-2010

(10-03-2010, 02:03 PM)Captain America It has not been below 70 degrees for me to test with...

Put them in the freezer.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - Captain America - 10-03-2010

I don't have access to a freezer where the fuel pump test stand is at my work. I doubt the girls inside would like a bucket of diesel in the fridge... haha

RE: Electric Fuel pump - 98taco3 - 10-04-2010

anyone ever messed with an airdog system? Ive got one on my pickup and when i first installed it the pressure was set to 40psi! Seems like it would flow plenty of fuel and better filtration to boot...

RE: Electric Fuel pump - ForcedInduction - 10-05-2010

(10-04-2010, 03:18 AM)98taco3 anyone ever messed with an airdog system?

There is no benefit besides the electric pump. The stock filter system already deaerates the fuel and adding a water separator would cost about $15+filter.
http://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/cheapfass-t-1648.html

Electric pumps used on Powerstrokes can be had for around $75-100.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - mr_manny - 11-12-2010

Could you guys recommend a good in-line unit for my toyota fj40/om617 conversion?

I would like to utilize the stock tank...thinking an inline pump and regulator is the answer.

The fuel system is one of the items that need to be addressed, before I can drive my fj40 home Sad

RE: Electric Fuel pump - mr_manny - 11-13-2010

I met a guy yesterday who installed an om617 into an 83 jeep scrambler.
When I asked him about which lift pump he was running, he said that he wasn't running one...

I mentioned that the 300D came with an in-tank pump from the factory.
He has been running his without one for over a year, with apparently no adverse affects.

thought I would share the video of a happy jeep owner Smile

YouTube - om617 in an 83 jeep scrambler

RE: Electric Fuel pump - ForcedInduction - 11-13-2010

(11-13-2010, 09:15 AM)mr_manny I mentioned that the 300D came with an in-tank pump from the factory.

No there isn't. He is probably just using the g@sser's in-tank pump.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - mr_manny - 11-13-2010

(11-13-2010, 09:56 AM)ForcedInduction
(11-13-2010, 09:15 AM)mr_manny I mentioned that the 300D came with an in-tank pump from the factory.

sorry, but I was under the impression that in-tank pumps were factory Tongue

thanks for the education Smile

RE: Electric Fuel pump - ben2go - 11-15-2010

(11-13-2010, 09:56 AM)ForcedInduction

The 83 Jeep that mr_manny was speaking of doesn't have an in tank pump stock.They were still using block mounted mechanical pumps,unless it was converted to FI before going diesel.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - rdirtycar - 11-18-2010

Does anyone know how many GPH the MW pump can flow back through the return outlet at idle? I'm worried a big electric fuel pump will make overpressurization if the fuel can't get through the IP quick enough. I guess since the inlet is the same size as the outlet, overpressurization can only happen in the line before the pump so it doesn't matter. Am I wrong here?

RE: Electric Fuel pump - muuris - 11-18-2010

I tested with a g@sser pump, no pressure regulators other than the banjo. M-pump. Max pressure I got in any situation was a bit less than 30psi (before filter).

RE: Electric Fuel pump - rdirtycar - 11-18-2010

(11-18-2010, 05:04 PM)muuris I tested with a g@sser pump, no pressure regulators other than the banjo. M-pump. Max pressure I got in any situation was a bit less than 30psi (before filter).

do you have 30 psi going uphill full throttle?

RE: Electric Fuel pump - mr_manny - 11-18-2010

(11-15-2010, 06:52 PM)ben2go The 83 Jeep that mr_manny was speaking of doesn't have an in tank pump stock.They were still using block mounted mechanical pumps,unless it was converted to FI before going diesel.

correct, 83 jeep/om617 does not have an electric pump.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - muuris - 11-19-2010

(11-18-2010, 09:17 PM)rdirtycar do you have 30 psi going uphill full throttle?

No. As it was a basic gasser high pressure pump, it wasn't enough for tuned M pump. When floored, pressure was less than 10psi at under 3500. Very low at 6000.

Now I have a different pump, have to re-install the pressure gauge to get the new readings.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - rdirtycar - 11-19-2010

It's cool talking with people so far away. I'm going to get rid of the banjos and use straight metric to AN adapters in and out of the IP. Should be plenty for the 45 GPH or so at 30psi I think I have.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - Silberpfeil - 12-03-2010

(11-19-2010, 12:27 PM)rdirtycar It's cool talking with people so far away. I'm going to get rid of the banjos and use straight metric to AN adapters in and out of the IP. Should be plenty for the 45 GPH or so at 30psi I think I have.

I'd like to see the pictures when you're done and hear what you think of the mod.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - rdirtycar - 12-03-2010

I just got a Ford escape real cheap so the Benz is going up on blocks for the winter. It will give me a chance to do some real work and not have to drive the thing the next day for work.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - Captain America - 12-03-2010

Yes hurry the hell up with that! I wanna see and know what fittings you ended up using

RE: Electric Fuel pump - X Double Dot - 04-27-2017

7 years...this is a record revival attempt for me.  Did anyone ever try running with a gas fuel injection electric intank pump (~typically rated around 50psi for the FI gas application) on their 606/5?  Curious to know if the regulator system on the mercedes could handle it, and if so, did you get rid of the on engine mercedes lift pump?  Additionally I was curious if anyone knew how the gas pump did during the winter months with the thicker diesel fuel.  

asking as I'm putting a 606.692 in a 1994 Toyota truck that currently has a ~50psi intank fuel pump for a gas FI engine.  ideally i'd just be hooking up lines and not having to drop the fuel tank to remove the intank pump + buy new components.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - barrote - 04-28-2017

just add a 1.5 bar relief valve back to tank, pre filter. it will work for sure.

RE: Electric Fuel pump - Hario' - 04-29-2017

Impressive ancient post excavation lol.

I have the 1.5 bar pressure release outlet banjo barrote mentioned, instead of the stock 0.5 bar one, dam sure works, every fuel fitting started leaking and I can't push in the priming button on my filter housing now (Bosch/CAV). That's with the standard lift pump, with stiffer spring & rebuild with Viton O-rings.

I got a Bosch 044 in the post and the internet people and my mates say the 1.5 bar banjo mentioned above will not flow enough to reduce the 4-5 bar from the 044 down to 1.5 bar, as this banjo bolt only has about a 4mm hole in the middle which the spring loaded ball acts upon.

So I bought one of those eBay rising rate fuel pressure regulators which I intend to fit downstream of the IP, and adjust down the IP gallery pressure to 1.5 bar reference pressure. ( I am copying 'erx' build thread on this forum's design, see his thread.

Ideally I would gauge pressure the IP inlet feed fitting and confirm the 1.5 bar banjo does not bleed sufficient fuel to regulate the 044 but I've already bought the FPR..

The above post possibly doesn't help you at at all but may make for interesting reading if nothing else..

Well I suppose to summarise, fit an eBay FPR and you can use the stock vehicles in tank pump..

Beers, HH

RE: Electric Fuel pump - X Double Dot - 05-04-2017

thanks for the replies guys.  i'm looking at this style http://fuelab.com/products/performance/fuel-pressure-regulators/575-series-carbureted-blocking-style-mini-regulator/item/57501_fuel_pressure_regulator/.  it's only up to 0.8 bar, but my guess is that is better than the vacuum the lift pump is currently working with.  that said I don't claim to be an expert on these fuel systems.  Is there a reason people have mentioned this 1.5 bar? is that for people going with big turbos/pumps?

RE: Electric Fuel pump - barrote - 05-04-2017

That is only necessary if u have a superpump.
With stock pumps is only placebo efect....

RE: Electric Fuel pump - X Double Dot - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 09:47 AM)barrote That is only necessary if u have a superpump.

haha good to know.  thanks for the info,

RE: Electric Fuel pump - tjts1 - 05-13-2017

(05-04-2017, 09:47 AM)barrote That is only necessary if u have a superpump.

The accelerometer app on my phone respectfully disagrees. I'm using a delphi FD0040 at the tank.