STD
mounting a manifold - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: mounting a manifold (/showthread.php?tid=1477)

mounting a manifold - mbenzo300td - 07-08-2010

Hey guys, so ive been in the process of mounting my sd manifold on my 603. However the tube coming out of the thermostat housing is obstructing the manifold from mounting. Im wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and could give me some insight.

RE: mounting a manifold - Rudolf_Diesel - 07-09-2010

Depending on how much meat is on the housing, I would consider removing the pipe and taping an NPT thread and put in a barb fitting to get the clearance you need. If not feasable, then cut the pipe and leave enough to put on a hose and clamp.

RE: mounting a manifold - winmutt - 07-09-2010

LOL nice flash light holder! I wish it was always that easy. This is the same manifold you took off? How much interference is there?

RE: mounting a manifold - mbenzo300td - 07-09-2010

Yeah the flashlight holder worked out great. The manifold shown is the one going on. I believe ive worked out the pipe. There are various pipes from different 603 applications taht have the bends i need. Its now down to finding them. The next step is to reclock the turbo and find a way to stop it hitting the firewall.

RE: mounting a manifold - winmutt - 07-10-2010

I think the manifold is upside down? That gap in the manifold should be around cylinder #2 no?

RE: mounting a manifold - willbhere4u - 07-10-2010

what manifold is this from that looks completely different than the stock one on my 87 300sdl

RE: mounting a manifold - mbenzo300td - 07-10-2010

The manifold is from a 93 sd.

RE: mounting a manifold - George3soccer - 07-10-2010

I need a sd manifold, anyone have one.

But it does look like it could be the other way around, but what do I know, I dont even have one yet.

RE: mounting a manifold - ForcedInduction - 07-10-2010

Nope, right way up (note the EGR hole).

From this picture I found it looks like you need that angled cast turbo outlet.

RE: mounting a manifold - mbenzo300td - 07-10-2010

(07-10-2010, 03:50 PM)ForcedInduction Nope, right way up (note the EGR hole).

From this picture I found it looks like you need that angled cast turbo outlet.

Thats exactly what I need. That or another turbo. Any progress on the electronic vnt controllers? The thread seems to have dissapeared.

RE: mounting a manifold - mbenzo300td - 07-12-2010

I am going to need a new turbo. My wastegate actuator hits the water hose coming off of the thermostat. Any ideas for something that will fit with little modification. I would assume not many people here have done this?

RE: mounting a manifold - George3soccer - 07-12-2010

I have a t04 .60 turbo I'm trying to get ride off. I don't know how well it would work on the 603 motor. But worth a try, I would assume.

RE: mounting a manifold - willbhere4u - 07-12-2010

yea I think I'll make some once I get the car back together

I also plan on getting a full size stuffed peter for the back seat should help me maintain some speed on the motor way!

What cop would be stupid enough to pull over a diplomatic limo!

RE: mounting a manifold - mbenzo300td - 07-13-2010

(07-12-2010, 07:12 PM)willbhere4u yea I think I'll make some once I get the car back together

I also plan on getting a full size stuffed peter for the back seat should help me maintain some speed on the motor way!

What cop would be stupid enough to pull over a diplomatic limo!

Im confussed.

RE: mounting a manifold - willbhere4u - 07-13-2010

oops wrong post that's was meant for my car flag pole forum but that's what happens when ya get busy!