STD
blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Pics and Videos (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. (/showthread.php?tid=4508)

blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - mantahead - 04-18-2013

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - Simpler=Better - 04-18-2013

Yeah I saw Sad

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - HaavardPYA - 04-21-2013

runs 3,9bar and only gets 500whp...

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - MFSuper90 - 04-21-2013

Running too small of injectors will sieze pump elements up all day long.
I just can't get over the supercharger sound. It is like scraping nails on a chalkboard to me!

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - Simpler=Better - 04-22-2013

(04-21-2013, 05:52 PM)MFSuper90 Running too small of injectors will sieze pump elements up all day long.
I just can't get over the supercharger sound. It is like scraping nails on a chalkboard to me!

Whenever I hear a SC whine my first though is that their diff is dry...then I snap out of it when I realize it's coming from the front

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - willbhere4u - 04-22-2013

I always thought it sounds like a bad ford power steering pump

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - mantahead - 04-22-2013

strange numbers and no graph.

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - Simpler=Better - 04-22-2013

It's pretty obvious to me that the problem is the chassis. If it was still in a W123 it would be going strong :p

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - HaavardPYA - 04-22-2013

(04-21-2013, 05:52 PM)MFSuper90 Running too small of injectors will sieze pump elements up all day long.

What do you mean by "sieze pump elements up"?

I'm guessing that with small injectors and large elements, you're trying to push more fuel than the injectors can flow, causing high pressures in the elements/lines, essentially locking them in place and causing a jam.

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - MFSuper90 - 04-22-2013

(04-22-2013, 01:27 PM)Simpler=Better I'm guessing that with small injectors and large elements, you're trying to push more fuel than the injectors can flow, causing high pressures in the elements/lines, essentially locking them in place and causing a jam.

Exactly. Puts too much pressure on the elements. My neighbor kept sticking plungers in his pulling tractor on Scheid built pumps. He kept sending them back thinking the pumps were junk (not saying they aren't anyhow)
Put bigger injectors in it and solved his problem.

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - HaavardPYA - 04-24-2013

Aha. I seeSmile

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - w123love - 04-24-2013

Ended up they kept finding aluminum bits in the fuel system, which seized two pumps. They added a couple more filters and new lines in the past week. Apparently things are going smoothly now.

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - Bangaway - 04-25-2013

I like the w123 more.

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - MFSuper90 - 04-29-2013

I agree with Bangaway

RE: blacksmokeracing new car, pump element seized. - HaavardPYA - 04-30-2013

Me too! But i imagine the w203 is a better car for drifting in his class.. even though there where not much of a 123 car left on that car.